NN Group reports 4Q17 and 2017 results
- 4Q17 operating result of the ongoing business of EUR 345 million, up 22.3% from 4Q16, driven by the contribution of the Delta Lloyd businesses
- Full-year 2017 operating result of the ongoing business increased to EUR 1,586 million, up 29.3% from 2016, mainly driven by the contribution of the Delta Lloyd businesses and improved results at most segments, partly offset by lower results at Netherlands Non-life
- Net result increased to EUR 700 million from EUR 148 million in 4Q16, mainly driven by higher capital gains and revaluations and the higher operating result. Full-year 2017 net result up 77.5% to EUR 2,110 million
- Administrative expense base of the business units in the scope of the cost reduction target decreased by EUR 133 million versus the full-year 2016 base of EUR 2,024 million
- Robust commercial momentum: APE at the insurance businesses up 35.1% at constant currencies compared with 4Q16. Full-year 2017 VNB of EUR 345 million, up 60.7% from 2016
- Solvency II ratio of 199% at the end of 4Q17, reflects the deduction of the proposed final 2017 dividend
- Holding company cash capital lower at EUR 1,434 million, reflecting the repayment of senior notes and the repurchase of own shares, partly offset by dividends received mainly from the Dutch units
- Final 2017 dividend proposal of EUR 1.04 per ordinary share, or approximately EUR 348 million in total, bringing the full-year 2017 dividend to EUR 1.66 per ordinary share
Read the full Press release
Investor conference call and webcast
Lard Friese and Delfin Rueda will host an analyst and investor conference call to discuss the 4Q17 results at 10.30 am CET on Thursday 15 February 2018. Members of the investment community can join the conference call at +31 20 531 5865 (NL), +44 203 365 3210 (UK), +1 866 349 6093 (US) or follow the webcast on www.nn-group.com.
Lard Friese and Delfin Rueda will host a press call to discuss the 4Q17 results, which will be held at 07.45 am CET on Thursday 15 February 2018. Journalists can join the press call at +31 20 531 5863 (NL).
Lard Friese and David Knibbe will host a lunch for journalists, which will be held at 12.30 pm CET on Thursday 15 February 2018.