NN Group reports 4Q19 and 2019 results
Solvency II ratio 218%, final dividend of EUR 1.40 per share
- 4Q19 operating result increased to EUR 428 million from EUR 343 million in 4Q18, reflecting improved results at almost all segments; Full-year 2019 operating result of EUR 1,794 million, up 10.3% from 2018
- 4Q19 net result of EUR 329 million versus EUR -533 million in 4Q18 which included a goodwill impairment; Full-year 2019 net result of EUR 1,962 million versus EUR 1,117 million in 2018
- Further cost savings of EUR 36 million in 4Q19, bringing total cost reductions to EUR 360 million versus the full-year 2016 administrative expense base
- Full-year 2019 value of new business of EUR 358 million, down 8.3% from 2018, reflecting lower sales in Japan due to a tax change, partly offset by an improved business mix and higher life and pension sales at Insurance Europe
- Customer satisfaction improved in 2019; NN Group Net Promoter Score increased to +4 versus -1 in 2018
- Solvency II ratio of 218% reflects operating capital generation and positive market impacts, partly offset by the deduction of the proposed 2019 final dividend
- Holding company cash capital increased to EUR 1,989 million in the fourth quarter of 2019, reflecting net remittances received from subsidiaries, and cash outflow to repurchase own shares
- 2019 final dividend proposal of EUR 1.40 per ordinary share (EUR 448 million), bringing the full-year 2019 dividend to EUR 2.16 per ordinary share (EUR 698 million)
- Share buyback programme of EUR 250 million to be completed within 12 months, anticipated to commence on 2 March 2020
- Updated dividend policy consisting of a progressive dividend per share and a recurring annual share buyback of at least EUR 250 million
Investor conference call and webcast
David Knibbe (CEO) and Delfin Rueda (CFO and interim CRO) will host an analyst and investor conference call to discuss the 4Q19 results at 10:30 am CET on Thursday 13 February 2020. Members of the investment community can join the conference call at +31 20 531 5865 (NL), +44 203 365 3210 (UK), +1 866 349 6093 (US) or follow the webcast on www.nn-group.com/investors.
David Knibbe (CEO) and Delfin Rueda (CFO and interim CRO) will host a press call to discuss the 4Q19 results at 07:45 am CET on Thursday 13 February 2020. Journalists can join the press call at +31 20 531 5863 (NL).