Requests for donations
NN Group proactively identifies partners, initatives and organisations to work with, that best fit with our focus areas for sponsoring and for community investment. All sponsoring and community investment on behalf of NN need to fully respect the principles from the NN statement of Living our Values. They are based upon a documented decision-making process and need to meet all relevant obligations deriving from NN Policies and standards, including the Sponsorship and Charitable Donations policy.
The NN policies define, among other things, that NN will only make charitable contributions to organisations that:
- Aim to positively contribute to the well-being of people and the planet.
- Are not set up purely for the purpose of making a profit.
- Are for the benefit of society, which implies that the contributions are made without demand or expectation of a commercial benefit to NN.
- Are aimed at helping a group, community or society at large, not a specific individual.
- Do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability or age.
- Are not connected to political, legislative, lobbying causes and/or are not operated directly or indirectly for the private benefit of a Public Official or a closely related individual of a Public Official.
- Operate in a socially and environmentally responsible manner
- Are based and active in the communities where we operate.
- Are not connected to political, legislative, lobbying causes and/ or are not operated directly or indirectly for the private benefit of a Public Official or a closely related individual of a Public Official. This is in line with the minimum standard from the Gifts and Events and Business Meals policy which requires that NN entities are not permitted to make gifts or political donations or to offer events to political parties or candidates for political office.
We appreciate your interest in our work to positively impact communities.